Proctorio is an online proctoring service that allows students to take proctored exams
from their laptop or desktop computer at any location, any time of the day. Students
will need a webcam, microphone, the Chrome web browser, and a reliable internet connection
to use this service. (Proctorio cannot be used on smartphones or tablets.)
How to get set up with Proctorio:
- Notify your instructor of your desire to use Proctorio early in the term. This will allow your instructor time to set-up the link you need
- Make sure you have the Chrome web browser installed on your computer. If you do not already have Chrome, you can download it for free. Proctorio operates using an extension in Chrome. If you update your browser, you
may have to re-install the Proctorio extension.
- If this is your first time using Proctorio, you will need to download the browser
extention. You will be prompted to download this extention within your course's exam area.
Look for a red message box where your exam is posted.
- Open the test labeled "Remote Proctor" to be connected with Proctorio and begin your exam. No advanced scheduling is required.
When you connect to Proctorio, you will be prompted to set up your test area, test
your camera and microphone, verify your identity, and pay for your exam.
- Take your exam.
- Option 1: $10 per test (any test time length)
- Option 2: $20 per course (unlimited tests for one course)
||Use the Proctorio browser extension to access on-demand support including live chat
and a through Help and Support Center. You can access the extension by clicking the
icon in your browser anytime you are in the testing interface.