Congratulations! We on the Wayland Admissions Team are thrilled to welcome you to
By your admission to Wayland, you have completed the first big step in ensuring an
education that will allow you to grow intellectually, emotionally, physically and
spiritually. Below are the next steps as you move forward to become a Pioneer.
Do you have questions? We’re here to help — please ask! Contact us at 1-800-588-1928
(toll-free), 806-291-3500 or email us.
Take a moment to celebrate! We’re excited on your behalf for this achievement —we
hope you are too!
Share this milestone on social media using the hashtag #WaylandPioneerFamily
Visit us — or if you have already, visit us again — at our office on the Wayland campus here in
- Visit our Financial Aid webpage and complete the Wayland Application for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov (note that Wayland's institutional code is 003663)
- Expect to receive correspondence regularly from our Financial Aid Team, especially
related to the verification process and award letters
- Know that you're automatically considered for notable merit-based awards (the Pioneer
and Centennial scholarships for incoming freshmen and the Blue & Gold scholarship
for transfer students)
- Complete your Housing Application and submit the deposit of $100. Residence hall assignments may be made once you submit
the application and deposit to Wayland's Housing Office.
- Sign-up for and participate in Early Registration. If you do so during BIG WEEKEND, you'll have the opportunity to register for fall
classes even prior to current WBU students! There will also be three Early Registration sessions during
the summer -- we look forward to seeing you at one of them. Click here for more information.
New Student Orientation
- Sign up for our New Student Orientation program, Koinonia. This opportunity is designed for both new students and their parents,
with the purpose of making you feel comfortable as you become part of the Wayland
family as well as establishing channels of support for you to succeed. You can sign
up for Koinonia when you pursue Early Registration. Click here to find out more!
- After you graduate, submit your final transcript to our office. Financial aid may
not be disbursed until this official document has been received.
- Any student attending a college in Texas must have a Meningitis vaccination. We must have certified documentation that you received the vaccination at least
10 days before the first day of class. Please note this is not Wayland policy; it
is Texas state law.