At Wayland Baptist University, we believe in the importance of education. We also
believe that individuals who are willing to work hard and put in the necessary time
to pursue an education should be allowed an opportunity. The admissions process at
Wayland is not difficult, but we do demand a commitment to the academic process.
Students who come to us with an impressive academic background can take advantage
of various merit-based, multi-year academic scholarships as well as scholastic opportunities
like the Honors Program, undergraduate research and study-abroad. Gifted students
can also expect to benefit from our outstanding professors. An academic journey with
us will be guided by a faculty of gifted scholars who are devoted to our students’
individual needs, interests, goals and dreams.
As well, we also have special programs for students who have struggled academically,
but understand the importance of continuing their education. Our Academic Achievement
program prepares students for the rigors of collegiate academics by giving them the
skills and knowledge necessary to perform in a traditional college classroom. Students
who come to us needing a helping hand to reach traditional academic standards have
become some of our most committed and successful graduates throughout the years.
At Wayland, our goal is to meet you where you are in your educational journey and
then guide you and challenge you as you pursue your academic and professional goals.
Checklist for Future Wayland Students
- Debbie Stennett, Director of Admissions, 806-291-3500
- Application for Admission: Our straight-forward, streamlined application may be accessed here.
- Application fee ($35): This component will be waived if you apply to Wayland while visiting our campus.(waiver only applies to Plainview campus students)
- Official High School Transcript: Applicants who have completed their junior year of high school may be considered
for conditional admission as long as at least six high school semesters have been
completed. A transcript is considered official if it comes to the Wayland Admissions
Office in a sealed envelope from the school. Upon graduation, applicants must submit
a final transcript showing completion of high school requirements and the graduation
- Official College Transcript(s), if applicable: Applicants who have been enrolled in concurrent or dual credit classes must submit
official college transcripts reflecting all such coursework taken. For official college
transcripts, they may be emailed to Debbie Stennett.
- Official ACT or SAT score: A test score is considered official if it comes to the Wayland Admissions Office
from the College Board or ACT, or the test score label may come attached to the official
high school transcript. Wayland’s school codes are as follows: 4246 for the ACT and
6930 for the SAT.
- Please note that there may be additional facets to the admission process based on
educational and/or testing background.
- Christy Miller, Director of Financial Aid, 806-291-3520
- Institutional Application: This form is needed for any student anticipating scholarships and any form of financial
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Students applying for federal aid should submit the FAFSA. Wayland's school
code is 003663.
- Texas Core Residency Form, if applicable: This form is required of all first-time students who are residents
of the state of Texas. [Please note the “Affidavit” section is not needed by U.S.
citizens who will have completed at least 12 years of elementary and secondary education
in the United States.]
- Glynn Boydston, Director of Housing, 806-291-3755
- Housing Application
- Housing Deposit ($100): The Housing Office can accept checks, cash or money orders; credit card payments
can be received through the Business Office. The deposit is refundable.
- Coralyn Dillard, Director of Health Services, 806-291-3765
- Magnus Health: Documentation that may be submitted via the electronic health record system portal,
including the Vital Health Record, Meningitis verification, and Consent to treat form.