Mission & Values
Wayland Baptist University is dedicated to providing an innovative education informed by a Christian worldview. Our commitment to a transformative environment of faith and learning is affirmed in our University’s Mission and Core Values. These statements of purpose define us, and they shape the growth of every Wayland student.
Wayland Baptist University exists to educate students in an academically challenging, learning-focused and distinctively Christian environment for professional success and service to God and humankind.
Wayland Baptist University will be an environmentally responsible, international multi-campus system offering innovative, academically challenging, and distinctively Christian undergraduate and graduate education through multiple delivery systems to military and civilian students around the world.
• Commitment to Student Learning
• Christian Distinctiveness and Baptist Heritage
• Integrity, Diversity, Trust, and Respect
• Excellence, Innovation, and Adaptability
• Service to Our Communities
• Personal, Professional, and Spiritual Development
• Stewardship of Our Resources
• Planning and Accountability
• Environmental Responsibility