How to Apply

College admissions assistance at Wayland is offered in very much the same way as everything else here—with a personalized touch!

The first thing to do is determine at what level and what status you will enter the university. While many steps in the application process will be the same regardless, variations do exist depending on whether you enter as an undergraduate or a graduate student, and if you're coming straight from high school or transferring from another college or university. Additionally, while most students enter at degree seeking status, others enter as non-degree seeking students.

First Time Freshmen

The first-time freshman steps offer admissions counseling for freshman applicants who have not been enrolled at any college-level institution except while in high school or during the summer immediately following high school graduation and before enrolling in the university for the subsequent fall. To be considered for this type of application, you will be asked to submit the following:

Transfer Students

Students who have previously been enrolled in a college or university and are seeking college admissions assistance may be admitted as a transfer student. To be considered for transfer status, you will be asked to submit the following:

Readmission Students

Any fully admitted student returning to Wayland after an absence of a fall or spring regular semester must apply for readmission. There is no application fee required for this procedure, and you will be asked to submit the following:

Concurrent High School Students

Students may apply to be concurrently enrolled with Wayland following the completion of two-thirds of the required credits for high school graduation. Applicants must submit:

Transient Students

Students who desire to enroll in courses for transfer to another university may enroll as non-degree transient students. This status must be verified prior to each succeeding semester. Applicants must submit:

Self-Improvement Students

Self-improvement admission is designed for individuals who do not intend on completing a degree program but wish to take courses for credit.  Applicants must submit:

Audit Students

Students may attend classes for a course without receiving credit if they complete an application for admission, submit a course audit form at the time of registration, and have the permission of both the instructor of the course and the dean of the school in which the course is offered. The fee is one-third tuition in addition to all course fees. No credit is awarded and no record of the student's attendance is maintained. Students will not be given permission to audit a course until the first day of classes. Audits are on a space-available basis and no refund will be given if the course is dropped.