Bachelor of Christian Ministry, B.C.M.
About this Program
The Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree at Wayland is designed for students interested in leading staff or pastoral ministries within the local church.
Completing this major will provide students with a strong background in Biblical, theological, and historical foundations, as well as spiritual formation. Through a combination of religion courses and practical applications, students will develop their ability to serve in ministry to the church.
This degree requires 36 hours of major study. Students take courses in Old and New Testament, spiritual formation, Christian theology, Biblical interpretation, advanced Old and New Testament classes, and religious history.
The Bachelor of Christian Ministry is also offered completely online.
The Bachelor of Christian Ministry is a 124 semester hour degree. The degree integrates university core curriculum and work experience. 36 semester hours must be upper level courses.
General Education Core Course Requirements
|Course Requirements||Course Hours|
|@ENGL 1301, 1302||6|
|HIST 1303, 1304, 2301, 2302||6|
|**Math 1304 or higher||3|
|COMS 1301,1303, 2302, 2303||3|
|*RLGN 1301 or 1303 and 1302 or 1304||6|
*Wayland Baptist University will not accept RLGN 1301, Old Testament History, or RLGN 1302, New Testament History, or their equivalents, from any institution except other Baptist universities. In no case will either of these two courses be accepted if they were taken by correspondence. The School of Religion & Philosophy must approve any exception to this policy.
**Remedial level courses may not be used to fulfill the mathematics requirement. Equivalents to MATH 1300 or above may be used.
@Must be taken within first year of enrollment.
Degrees & Certifications
- Associates of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Christian Ministry
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in General Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Christian Ministry, Children's Ministry Specialization, C.O.C.M.
- Christian Ministry, Educational Ministry Specialization, C.O.C.M.
- Christian Ministry, Pastoral Ministry Specialization, C.O.C.M.
- Christian Ministry, Youth Ministry Specialization, C.O.C.M.
- Pre-Athletic Trainer
- Pre-Christian Counseling Track in Religion
- Pre-Christian Counseling Track in Religious Education
- Pre-Medical Technology
- Pre-Medical, Dental
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Seminary Track for the Master of Divinity Degree
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine