Wayland Baptist University is excited to offer all students and alumni several FREE resources as they pursue new careers. Visit this site often for updates and information related to the job search process.
Planning for your career
Students and alumni have free access to MyPlan.com, an outstanding web-based career-planning service. MyPlan provides a range of informational documents on careers as well as assessments that can help new college students determine their aptitudes and interests to help choose the right career path. We encourage job seekers and career changers to also peruse this site for helpful hints and educational help. Contact Teresa for a code to access the testing options on this site.
Preparing for the job hunt
The Career Services office has gathered resources available to help you get all the necessary materials and skills together before it's time to hit the streets on a job search. The following can help you prepare for the task of finding that dream job.
Resume and Cover Letters:
Our Multidisciplinary Writing Center offers assistance with reviewing your resume and provides helpful feedback for current and former students. Appointments can be scheduled in person on the Plainview campus or via Zoom or phone. You may also find the following resources helpful:
- Video workshop on resumes for first-time job seekers
- Video workshop for alumni refreshing their resumes
- Resume workshop handouts and examples
- Professional email skills workshop
If you need one-on-one help with a resume or cover letter, the Writing Center is happy to help. You can visit their webpage for contact info to make an appointment and to see more resources.
The Office of Career Services is happy to offer mock interviews for students or alumni who want to brush up on those skills and get the experience of a live interview with some honest but constructive feedback afterward. Those are available in person on the Plainview campus or via Zoom for alumni in any location. As online interviews are becoming more common, becoming comfortable in this new venue can be a great skill to obtain! Let us help you! Reach out to Teresa for an appointment!
Seeking your next job
Wayland Baptist University uses College Central Network as its official job resource
and resume system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni, and employers at
• Students and alumni, quickly apply to jobs and Internship/Co-op opportunities posted exclusively for you, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central® and Intern Central®, national job boards linked to the Indeed network.
• Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
• Access our events calendar, and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
• Review Career Fair information and company recruitment visits.
• Employers, search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Our office is here to help students find career opportunities that fit their interests and skills, as well as guide them in preparing for their chosen field. We help students learn the most effective ways to search for jobs and how market themselves in a professional manner. We provide similar services for alumni and resources to help those in the job search. Please reach out to us if we can be of assistance!
Teresa Young, Alumni and Career Services
1900 W. 7th, CMB 1291
Plainview, TX 79072
M-TH 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
F 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Trinity Building, Room 104