Housing and Dining

Looking for Student Accommodations?

As a student, you need a safe, private environment to call your own. You want housing that feels comfortable, friendly, and feels like home. Our dorms and other local apartments give students the environments they need to relax, study, and have fun, too.

Students Living on Campus

  • A number of dorm options are available to students wishing to live on campus. In order to live in the dorms, several things are required prior to moving in:
  • Students planning on living in the dorms must fill out a housing application. Complete Application Online .
  • Residents have to get a meningitis vaccination, mandated by state law, and present proof of vaccination before they can get a dorm assignment.
  • The housing office requires a $100 housing deposit before any room assignments can be given. This deposit is refunded upon cancellation of application, graduation, or moving out of the residence hall.
  • Wayland’s housing office is located in room 203 in the McClung University Center. You may contact Glynn Boydston at 806-291-3755 or 1-800-588-1928 to request an application mailed to you.

Students Interested In Living Off Campus

  • Plainview has several apartment complexes and houses that are available to rent to Wayland students. However, housing goes quickly. Students interested in living off campus should secure housing before confirming they will not be living in a residence hall.
  • Wayland’s housing policy states that unmarried students enrolled for 12 or more hours must live in a residence hall and take meals in the university dining hall unless a student is 23 years old, is classified a senior*, or is a commuting student living in with relatives in the area.
  • *Senior status is granted when a student has 90 WBU credit hours.

Men’s Residence Halls

  • View our men’s dorms on the Plainview campus. Choose your accommodation from the available options. All accommodations enjoy similar conveniences.

Women's Residence Halls

  • Interested in our women’s housing ? Wayland has four ladies’ dormitories, each differing in pricing, convenience, and accommodation.

Married Student Housing

  • For our married students, or adult students, we offer spacious apartments located on the outer edges of campus.

Other Important Information

Campus Dining

  • Wayland dining services are catered by Sodexo, a contracted dining corporation dedicated to fresh, delish foods. Students can experience Sodexo in the main dining hall or our campus cafe, Pete’s Place. We accommodate students by offering a variety of meal-plan options each semester; please contact our Housing office.  Visit  Sodexo's website for more information.


Contact Our Housing Office

Glynn Boydston

Director of Housing

1099 W. 7th
CMB 1203
Plainview, TX 79072

Office Hours:
Mon-Fri, 8:15-5 p.m.