AU-ABC is an initiative between Air University and civilian higher education institutions (including Wayland Baptist University)
to offer baccalaureate degree programs via distance learning that are relevant to
an individual’s Air Force career field. The program is designed to transfer CCAF credits so students can obtain a bachelor’s degree with no more than 60 additional semester credits.
Students will be able to go to one centralized web site, the Air Force Virtual Education
Center, for their educational needs including approved degree programs offered through
the AU-ABC Program.
The Applied Science major of Wayland Baptist University's Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) is classified as a Category 1 program for all 68 CCAF degree programs, by meeting the following criteria:
• Meet specific accreditation standards
• Require no more than 60 semester credits after the CCAF AAS degree for a bachelor's degree
• Deliver instruction via distance learning (face-to-face instruction is available at select bases)
• Maximize application of military credit
• Relate degree programs to Air Force specialty
Additional majors are available for the BAS degree, but they are currently not part of the Category 1 AU-ABC program.
To learn more about this program:
See your Military Education Counselor, or visit the Air Force Virtual Education Center on the Air Force portal.