New Student VA Information
Wayland honors the following education benefits for active-duty service members, reservists,
and veterans of the armed forces:
Educational VA Benefits
- The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) reimburses tuition costs through an educational assistance
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill applies direct funds to cover a portion of costs for tuition,
fees, and books.
- Tuition Assistance gives a portion of funds to cover costs of tuition and fees. This
program is sponsored by the specific branch of the military you serve.
- The Tuition Assistance Top-Up Program provides the remaining funds for tuition costs
that are not covered under the Tuition Assistance program.
- The VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program offers benefits to veterans
with service-connected disabilities.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official
U.S. government Web site at the following link.
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (new).
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Chapter 32 - Post-Vietnam Era Veteran's Educational Assistance Program (VEAP).
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 Veteran's Educational Assistance Act of 2008.
- Chapter 35 - Dependent's Educational Assistance Program.
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program.
- Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP).
Schedule an appointment with the Veteran Services Coordinator
*Wayland Reports the following hours to the VA for BHA calculations:
• Full Time Undergraduate 9 Hours
• Full Time Graduate 6 Hours