Wayland Baptist University utilizes Higher One (CashNet) for student payments on accounts. With this service, we no longer accept credit or debit payments made in person or over the phone. Cash and checks are still accepted in person at the campus Business Office, or checks accepted by mail. Students wishing to utilize a credit or debit card for payment on their student account will need to log on at MyWBU to make their payment. Please be aware that Higher One (CashNet) assesses a 2.75% non-refundable processing fee for credit and debit card payments. No fee is assessed for payments online utilizing an electronic check.
Two-part payment plan
A $25.00 payment plan fee will apply to all payment plans. The university payment
plan requires a minimum of 1/2 payment of expenses (after guaranteed financial aid)
by the first day of class. The second payment is due one month after the first day
of the term and prior to registration for the next term. If your employer, the VA,
or tuition assistance pays part of your tuition, the two payment amounts are adjusted
accordingly. You may incur a $50.00 late fee added to the amount due if you fail to
make timely payments.
*Important Information You Need To Know (Quick Guide)*
- Payment 1: Due FIRST DAY of the session
- Payment 2: Due NO LATER than 30 Days after first day of the term (Late fee assessed Day 31)
- 100% prior to class start.
- 75% 1-5 days after first class meeting.
- 25% 6-10 days after first class meeting.
- 10% 11-23 days after first class meeting.
- 5% 24-34 days after first class meeting.
- 0% 35 days or more after first class meeting.
**For detailed information on payment and refund options see the catalog here.
*Note: Students registered for a course will receive a grade for that course unless a signed drop form is received by the WBU office before the last day to drop. Your instructor CANNOT drop you from a course!
VA/Military Tuition Assistance
- Apply for Tuition Assistance through your Education Services Office on your military
installation or through their prospective websites. You can email your approved Tuition
Assistance form to TA@wbu.edu or bring it by the Business Office. Please submit the TA form prior to the start of the term. You will be responsible for paying any remaining amount.
- VA BENEFITS: Contact the Business Office to request the necessary form or click HERE. You may also speak with the VA coordinator and request assistance obtaining and filling out this form. Turn in the completed forms to the Business Office at registration. *Per VA regulations, School Certifying Officials must report enrollment and/or changes to the VA within 30 days of submission or disclosure.
- ACTIVE DUTY: Tuition Assistance pays up to 100% of tuition not to exceed the government cap currently set at $250.00 per credit hour. You will need to pay any remaining portion at the time of registration either in full or by using the three payment plan.
- VETERANS: You must have remaining eligibility to receive VA benefits.
VA Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) for disabled veterans.
- Check with your employer to see if your company has a tuition assistance or reimbursement program. If your company pays Wayland directly, regardless of your grades or whether or not you complete the course, you may register with a voucher. If they reimburse you after you submit your grades, you will need to pay Wayland when you register.
*For any questions, call (210) 826-7595 Ext 3, or if you prefer, email us at email@example.com
- Ft. Sam Houston - Register with the WBU Academic Advisor at Ft Sam Houston and on Go Army Ed. https://www.goarmyed.com/
- Air Force Bases - Submit your TA through the Air Force Portal at https://www.my.af.mil/, and then mail, fax, or email a copy to the Business Office. Failure to submit your TA form may cause a $50 late fee per late payment.
- Navy and Marines – online at http://www.navycollege.navy.mil/tuition-assistance/index.htm
Civilian Employer Tuition Assistance -
If your employer pays Wayland Baptist University directly, you will be required to present a validated voucher or check at the time of registration. You will be responsible for paying any remaining amount. If your employer reimburses you upon completion of the course or at some time after registration, you must pay the amount due at the time of registration.