Hawaii Campus Scholarships
General Scholarship Information:
All scholarships are made possible exclusively through donations made to the Hawaii Campus. They are intended to provide relief for students in need of additional financial assistance, and priority is assigned to those who are not eligible for as many funding sources as other students.
- Scholarship awards are competitive and based on funds availability.
- Scholarships are only for use in the term for which they are awarded.
- Scholarships will not be renewed automatically.
- Scholarships have no cash value (cash refunds will not be given for them).
- Failing, dropping, or withdrawing from a class covered by a scholarship may result in the student’s repayment of the scholarship award.
- Eligible applicants may apply for more than one scholarship, but the committee will consider all funding sources when awarding scholarships.
Academic Year (AY) starts in fall and runs to summer term
Scholarship Application & Committee Deadlines:
|Academic Semester||Application Due||Committee Decision Meeting|
|Fall I||July 24||July 27 (or next business day)|
|Fall II||October 2||October 6 (or next business day)|
|Spring I||December 4||December 7 (or next business day)|
|Spring II||March 12||March 15 (or next business day)|
|Summer||May 7||May 10 (or next business day)|
|*Late/incomplete applications will not be considered|
Scholarships available outside WBU*
*The following scholarships may be used at Wayland Baptist University; however, the awarding decision and payment methodologies are handled outside of our institution:
The National Association of Institutions for Military Education Services (NAIMES) is honored to offer five cash scholarships annually to celebrate academic achievements of military and veteran students and their spouses. The Student Spotlight Award, co-sponsored by the Veterans United Foundation, is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their academic achievement to the military and civilian educational community by explaining how credentials and higher education have led to sustainable and successful outcomes in their careers and lives. The deadline for application submission is 15 December 2020. Please visit http://naimes.org/ssa/ for eligibility requirements, instructions and to submit your application today!
Hawaii Campus Scholarship Committee Chairman and POC:
Wayland Baptist University
Dr. Dan Jacobson
Executive Director/Campus Dean
599 Farrington Highway, Suite 300
Kapolei, HI 96707
Phone: 808-488-8570 ext. 348