How to Give to Wayland
There are different ways of giving to Wayland. Gifts made by cash, check, or credit card are simple and convenient. Gifts of securities or property enable you to give to the university and earn a charitable tax deduction in the process. If your goal is to balance charitable giving with your retirement needs or as part of an estate plan, consider making a planned gift.
• Gifts of cash by check, credit card or bank drafts are easy ways to make a one-time gift or to put Wayland in your monthly budget.
• Gifts of stock, insurance policies or IRA disbursements provide a way to earn tax savings and invest in the dreams of young people
• Accepted appreciated securities include stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
Gifts-in-Kind, such as goods or services the university can use in daily operations, may also be donated. Larger gifts such as your home, farm or other real estate properties can help you give a gift and avoid capital gains taxes and other costs.
Memorials or Honorariums
• Memorials or honorariums help you recognize special loved ones while impacting another generation. Those gifts can be directed to a specific fund or to general funds.
• A life insurance policy can become a gift of much greater value than the actual money expended when the policy is given to Wayland Baptist University, which is named as the beneficiary. The donor either can pay the entire policy or make annual contributions to Wayland for the cost of the premiums. This is a tax-deductible gift.
• In most cases, current tax advantages are available only when ownership and beneficial interest in the policy is irrevocably transferred to the foundation
• Whole and universal life insurance policies may accrue cash value and are usually assignable.
• Term life insurance policies (e.g., a group term life policy provided by an employer) may not be assignable. However, a donor (insured) may still be able to designate Wayland as a beneficiary.
• This allows you to make significant gifts to Wayland Baptist University either during your lifetime or as part of an estate plan. Our professional staff has the tools and resources available to make the process as easy as possible.
• Donors who have included Wayland in their planned testamentary gifts for at least $10,000 are added to our Founder’s Club, named for WBU founder Dr. J.H. Wayland.
Give now securely online or mail checks to 1900 W. 7th St., CMB 1295, Plainview, Texas 79072. Call (806) 291-3602 for questions about any of the above information.