Wayland wants to stay competitive and relevant to incoming students. In order to keep attracting students to this wonderful home and family, we must focus our attention on the infrastructure needs that are most urgent. The IMPACT 2020 campaign will do just that, setting WBU up for the generations to come.
The following projects are included in the five-year campaign:
- Replacing the main sewer line on the Plainview campus.
- Replacing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system in Gates Hall, built in 1909.
- Repairing roofs across the Plainview campus as well as on the San Antonio and Amarillo campuses.
- Renovating Fleming-Mays Tower (1955), Ferguson Hall (1954) and Owen Hall (1961), our oldest female residence halls, to include new energy-efficient windows, walls and fixtures in individual student rooms, new showers, new HVAC in Owen, and more.
- Remodeling parts of Gates Hall, including new or remodeled restrooms and preparing of unused space for offices.
- Repairing or replacing of the concrete expanse between the Mabee Learning Resources Center, Moody Science Building and the University Center. Includes a buildout of unused space underground for additional class or office space.
- Building of a new weight room facility for student athletes.
- Repairing campus parking lots system-wide.