Your generous donations to Wayland make a significant impact on the life of our students,
through scholarships, facility renovations, retention of outstanding faculty, university-wide
programs and much more. Wayland wants to celebrate every donor and recognize their
commitment using the following levels.
Annual Giving Levels and Recognition (Based on total gifts within the calendar year)
- Blue Club ($1,000 - $4,999): Central to Wayland’s spirit are the blue and gold colors waved
proudly. Those who give at the Blue Club level show their encouragement and support
of the university with enthusiasm.
- Gold Club ($5,000 - $9,999): Like the blue, gold is a key element in Wayland spirit. Its precious
nature reminds us that our donors at this level are truly invested in the success
of the university and its students and are vital partners in the mission.
- Pioneer Club ($10,000 - $19,999): Just as Dr. and Mrs. Wayland showed their pioneer spirit by
moving to the Plains of Texas and establishing a Christian university, donors at this
level show their willingness to help students blaze a new trail and become successful
- Alma Mater Club ($20,000 and above): At Wayland, the Alma Mater brings to mind the heritage and heart
of the university to its proud graduates. Donors at this level are the backbone of
Wayland as they have invested at the highest level annually to ensure the university
remains competitive and impactful.
Lifetime Giving Societies (Based on Cumulative giving through the years)
- The Gates Hall Society ($50,000 - $99,999): Wayland’s oldest building is the heart of our campus and a visual
reminder of how God has blessed this university for more than a century. Likewise,
our loyal donors at this level provide solid support for Wayland.
- The Keeper of the Flame Society ($100,000 - $249,999): The flame in Wayland’s logo reminds us of the light of God’s
word as well as the illumination of knowledge. When both are blended in the faith-based
university, students are doubly enriched. Donors at this level help Wayland keep those
flames going for generations with their steady giving.
- The 1908 Society ($250,000 - $999,999): Founded in 1908, Wayland has endured economic highs and lows
and remained faithful to its calling by God’s provision. Donors at this level recognize
that major gifts are what sustain this university as it seeks to educate students.
- The Pillar Society ($1 million and above): The stately white columns of Gates Hall provide support for
the structure that has stood since Wayland’s inception. Similarly, donors at the Pillar
Society level provide the strongest support for the university. Through their generosity,
Wayland can stand strong as a light to the community and the world.
Designated Annual Giving Groups
- President’s Circle ($1,000 and above to undesignated funds in one calendar year): Undesignated gifts
are among some of the most necessary as it allows Wayland to make improvements in
technology, facilities and institutional scholarship funds to better the campus environment
for students. For this reason, we especially honor donors who give generously to these
needs, through regular communication, special events and other perks.
- Sally Society ($1,000 and above to women’s philanthropy group in one calendar year): A women’s
philanthropy group, the Sally Society provides our female donors a chance to pool
their resources for a specific annual project at Wayland. Through yearly dues and
the Power of the Purse fundraiser, funds are able to help benefit the campus in unique
ways such as through scholarships, campaigns and other gifts.