Welcome to the Wayland Alumni Association!
Whether you stay near your Wayland campus or move far away, we want you to stay an active part of the Wayland family. That means keeping your information updated with our office to stay informed; joining or starting an alumni chapter in your area; attending events; engaging with us on social media; and supporting Wayland through volunteering, giving and praying. We are truly #PioneersForever and we want to stay connected.
Connect with other Pioneers!
- Alumni Chapters - Connect with alumni wherever you are.
- Alumni Facebook Page
- Pioneer Pride – Click this link to download swag for your phone, like the WBU fight song and Alma Mater or wallpaper. There’s also wallpaper for your computer screen too. Deck your tech in WBU blue and gold and show your Pioneer spirit!
- Alumni Events – Details about the next alumni events on tap.
- Communications - Read our alumni magazine, We are Wayland, or back issues of our monthly email newsletter, called Extra! Make sure your contact information is updated so you receive both of those at your home. The handy format to make updates is found here.
- Involvement Opportunities - A variety of ways to stay engaged with your Alma Mater.
View map in more detail.
News & Events
January 16, 2019
High School and Junior High students' artwork is on display at the Scholastic Art Show.
January 15, 2019
The Alumni Association has launched a new travel program.
January 11, 2019
WBU is joining the gaming revolution with an esports team.
January 7, 2019
Melissa Gonzalez officially started Monday, Jan. 7, as the new director of Wayland's museums.
January 25, 2019
Last day to officially drop or withdraw with "W"
December 21, 2018
The Flying Queens basketball program has once again been nominated for the Naismith Hall of Fame.
December 17, 2018
Wayland held it's December commencement featuring its first doctoral graduates.
January 28, 2019
WBUonline Spring Registration begins 2:00 pm CT for Plainview campus graduate students and all
External Campus students
Wayland senior Manny Silva is wrapping up his undergraduate degree this semester, but plans to continue his education into spiritual formation
Ellen Hedlund, a senior Elementary Education major from New Cuyama, Calif., always knew that teaching was a career option for her.
Conner Rane Carpenter graduated from Wayland in 2016 with a double major in intercultural missions and biology.
Dr. Peter Bowen spent his early years in Waurika, OK and graduated from high school in Memphis, TX.
Elizabeth Johnson is a senior Vocal Performance major from Carlsbad, NM.
Bradley Sell graduated from Wayland with a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Education and English in 2011 and is the owner/operator of Broadway Brew Coffee Shop in Plainview.
Dr. Jim Todd, a San Antonio native, graduated with a bachelor's degree in applied arts and sciences and a master's degree in education, both from Texas State University. However his path to Wayland was a long and winding one.
Carley Hardage, a senior Exercise and Sports Science major from Plainview, fills her time with more than just classes.
Dr. David Bishop is the son of a pastor and grew up in small towns throughout west Texas and Oklahoma.
Office of Alumni Relations
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:15 - 4:00, Friday - 8:15 - 4:00
1900 W. 7th CMB 1291
Office: Trinity Building