Welcome to the Association
of Former Students!
Whether you stay near your Wayland campus or move far away, we want you to stay an active part of the Wayland family. That means keeping your information updated with our office to stay informed; joining or starting an alumni chapter in your area; attending events; engaging with us on social media; and supporting Wayland through volunteering, giving and praying. We are truly #PioneersForever and we want to stay connected.
Connect with other Pioneers!
- Alumni Chapters - Connect with alumni wherever you are.
- Alumni Facebook Page
- Pioneer Pride – Click this link to download swag for your phone, like the WBU fight song and Alma Mater or wallpaper. There’s also wallpaper for your computer screen too. Deck your tech in WBU blue and gold and show your Pioneer spirit!
- Alumni Events – Details about the next alumni events on tap.
- Communications - Read our alumni magazine, We are Wayland, or back issues of our monthly email newsletter, called Extra! Make sure you contact information is updated so you receive both of those at your home. The handy format to make updates is found here.
- Involvement Opportunities - A variety of ways to stay engaged with your Alma Mater.
View map in more detail.
News & Events
April 20, 2018
KCBD Sportscaster Pete Christy will provide the keynote at WBU's night of champions celebration.
April 18, 2018
Wayland held its annual awards chapel, recognizing students for academic achievement and campus involvement.
April 23, 2018
The Pioneer Symphonic Band presents its annual Band on the Lawn concert. Please join us for this final musical presentation by the S...
April 16, 2018
Five graduating students participating in the Honors Program were recognized at the annual luncheon on Friday.
April 16, 2018
Dr. Bobby Hall was inducted as an honorary member of the Alpha Chi national honor society.
April 26, 2018
Board of Trustees
Various committee meetings and Board meeting throughout the day.
April 11, 2018
The senior art show is set for April 20 through May 4.
April 10, 2018
Employees received honors and accolades at the annual employee awards luncheon.
Wayland senior Manny Silva is wrapping up his undergraduate degree this semester, but plans to continue his education into spiritual formation
Ellen Hedlund, a senior Elementary Education major from New Cuyama, Calif., always knew that teaching was a career option for her.
Conner Rane Carpenter graduated from Wayland in 2016 with a double major in intercultural missions and biology.
Dr. Peter Bowen spent his early years in Waurika, OK and graduated from high school in Memphis, TX.
Elizabeth Johnson is a senior Vocal Performance major from Carlsbad, NM.
Bradley Sell graduated from Wayland with a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Education and English in 2011 and is the owner/operator of Broadway Brew Coffee Shop in Plainview.
Dr. Jim Todd, a San Antonio native, graduated with a bachelor's degree in applied arts and sciences and a master's degree in education, both from Texas State University. However his path to Wayland was a long and winding one.
Carley Hardage, a senior Exercise and Sports Science major from Plainview, fills her time with more than just classes.
Dr. David Bishop is the son of a pastor and grew up in small towns throughout west Texas and Oklahoma.
Office of Alumni Relations
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:15 - 4:00, Friday - 8:15 - 4:00
1900 W. 7th CMB 1291
Office: Trinity Building