Welcome to the Wayland Alumni Association!
Whether you stay near your Wayland campus or move far away, we want you to stay an active part of the Wayland family. That means keeping your information updated with our office to stay informed; joining or starting an alumni chapter in your area; attending events; engaging with us on social media; and supporting Wayland through volunteering, giving and praying. We are truly #PioneersForever and we want to stay connected.
Connect with other Pioneers!
- Alumni Chapters - Connect with alumni wherever you are.
- Alumni Facebook Page
- Pioneer Pride – Click this link to download swag for your phone, like the WBU fight song and Alma Mater or wallpaper. There’s also wallpaper for your computer screen too. Deck your tech in WBU blue and gold and show your Pioneer spirit!
- Alumni Events – Details about the next alumni events on tap.
- Communications - Read our alumni magazine, We are Wayland, or back issues of our monthly email newsletter, called Extra! Make sure your contact information is updated so you receive both of those at your home. The handy format to make updates is found here.
- Involvement Opportunities - A variety of ways to stay engaged with your Alma Mater.
View map in more detail.
News & Events
August 12, 2020
Wayland students are back in the classroom, learning amid COVID-19 safety precautions.
July 20, 2020
Wayland plans for students to return this fall.
August 24, 2020
To kick off Welcome Week, come to the SMAC for Focus and eat free Cane's Chicken! Focus is a worship service hosted by Baptist Student Ministrie...
July 9, 2020
Wayland President Dr. Bobby Hall battles COVID-19.
July 8, 2020
Wayland alumnus authors a children's book about the coronavirus and its impact.
August 26, 2020
Come check out the student organizations here at Wayland and get some free coffee from the Broadway Brew!
Ellen Hedlund, a senior Elementary Education major from New Cuyama, Calif., always knew that teaching was a career option for her.
Conner Rane Carpenter graduated from Wayland in 2016 with a double major in intercultural missions and biology.
Dr. Peter Bowen spent his early years in Waurika, OK and graduated from high school in Memphis, TX.
Bradley Sell graduated from Wayland with a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Education and English in 2011 and is the owner/operator of Broadway Brew Coffee Shop in Plainview.
Dr. Jim Todd, a San Antonio native, graduated with a bachelor's degree in applied arts and sciences and a master's degree in education, both from Texas State University. However his path to Wayland was a long and winding one.
Carley Hardage, a senior Exercise and Sports Science major from Plainview, fills her time with more than just classes.
Dr. David Bishop is the son of a pastor and grew up in small towns throughout west Texas and Oklahoma.
Kassie Lane was born and raised in Plainview. She graduated from Plainview High School in 2007 and was able to be a concurrent student at Wayland while attending high school.
Dr. Charles Starnes, a native of Canyon, spent 27 years on submarines in the United States Navy. After retiring from the Navy in 1996 and returning to his hometown, he "quickly became bored."
Sorry no facebook posts to display at this time
Office of Alumni Relations
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:15 - 4:00, Friday - 8:15 - 4:00
1900 W. 7th CMB 1291
Office: Trinity Building