Wayland offers several scholarships related specifically to our valued graduates.
The Alumni Recruitment Scholarship is a wonderful way for Wayland alumni to assist in our recruitment efforts by recommending funding for incoming students. We value the recommendations of our graduates and are grateful for all they do to fill our classes and spread the word about our special Wayland community. The following guidelines apply:
• Scholarship candidates must be incoming freshmen to the Plainview campus.
• The scholarship is good for the first-year tuition expenses only upon full-time enrollment.
• Amounts vary for resident ($250 per fall and spring semester) and nonresident ($125 per fall and spring semester) students.
• Recommendations will be accepted from Wayland graduates who do not work for the university.
• Students are awarded on a first come, first served basis depending on completion of their financial aid process and the availability of funds.
• Candidates are limited to one recruitment scholarship.
The Alumni Scholarship form should be completed, signed, and returned to the Admissions Office at the following
address: Wayland Baptist University, Admissions Office, 1900 W. 7th, CMB 1294, Plainview,
TX 79072 or FAX: 806-291-1973
You may scan completed form and email it to Debbie Stennett.
The Alumni Loyalty Scholarship is designed to benefit legacy students at any of our Wayland campuses as they pursue their educational goals and have financial need to do so. The scholarship committee will accept applications from students who have had immediate family attend Wayland previously -- defined for this purpose as parents, siblings and grandparents.
Wayland celebrates its legacy students and the family heritage they represent at Wayland, and the Association of Former Students hopes the scholarship will encourage alumni who send other family to Wayland with needed funding.
• Scholarship applicants must be full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students attending any of Wayland’s campuses or WBUOnline.
• Scholarship applicants already attending Wayland must have at least a 2.5 GPA to qualify and be in good standing with the Dean of Students’ office. Incoming freshmen are eligible to apply as long as they are granted regular admission. Incoming transfers must have at least a 2.5 GPA upon admission to qualify.
• Applicants must have had a parent, sibling or grandparent attend Wayland for at least two years and be able to provide those legacy names.
Detailed information and applications for the scholarship can be found here and are accepted through April 1 for the next school year (fall and spring). The Alumni Executive Board will then consider applications and choose recipients based on need, then notify of awarding to begin in the fall term. Contact Teresa Young at 806-291-3600 for more information.