Financial Aid Forms
Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) college financial aid form as soon after January 1 as possible. Include Wayland Baptist
University (code: 003663) as a recipient of your financial aid application information.
FAFSA college financial aid forms that are returned first get processed first and receive
the first share of federal money dedicated to each university. If you turn in your
FAFSA late, you may end up not receiving some forms of federal financial aid, even
if you qualify!
Always feel free to contact the Wayland Baptist University Office of Financial Aid for any FAFSA questions you might have! Remember, get every financial aid form in
as soon as you can!
Contact / Notification of Award
Make sure to set up your Wayland Baptist University email account as this is how Financial
Aid notifies students of all financial aid needs/ awards/instruction. You may set
up your account once you register for classes and are notified of instructions to
do so. Instructions can be found here.
Students who do not receive a WBU e-mail account will be e-mailed at the e-mail address
provided on the Institutional Application for Financial Aid or FAFSA.
August 2018 - June 2019: If you will be enrolled in Wayland during these months, here are the forms you might
be asked to fill out and return to the Financial Aid office.
The Department of Education randomly selects student files for verification. WBU also reserves the right to select
student files for verification. The verification process requires that additional
information be provided.
Institutional Application for Financial Aid
Texas Core Residency Form
- This financial aid form is required for all first time students who are residents of the state of Texas and
will attend a Texas campus (Plainview).
Military Benefit Disclosure
- Military Benefit Disclosure: For students who are active military or have an active military spouse or parent.
See your Financial Aid advisor for this form.
Summer Budget Worksheet
- Summer Budget Worksheet: This worksheet allows you to communicate your enrollment plans for summer term(s)
to your campus financial aid administrator in order that summer funds can be awarded.
This document is specifically designed for students who have not previously been awarded
aid for the summer term(s).
- Summer Budget Worksheet
- If chosen for verification, please bring the following form to the Financial Aid Office.
- Verification Worksheet:
- 2018-2019 - For DEPENDENT students, covers enrollment from August 2018 through July 2019.
- 2018-2019 - For INDEPENDENT students, covers enrollment from August 2018 through July 2019.
- Non-Tax Filer Form: This financial aid form is for students/parents/spouses who were not required to
file an income tax return but have some income.
- 2018-2019 - For STUDENTS, printable version covers enrollment from August 2018 through July 2019.
- 2018-2019 - For PARENTS/SPOUSE, printable version covers enrollment from August 2018 through July 2019.
Other Financial Aid Forms
- Loan Change Request Form: This financial aid form is used to adjust any loan funds (Federal or Alternative)
per student request.
- 2018-2019 Cover enrollment from August 2018-July 2019
Family Member Forms
- Family Member in College This information is needed IF you indicated there would be more than one family member
attending college at least HALF time (6 credit hours in one term) in a degree or certificate
program leading to recognized educational credential at a college or university.
- **Please note—Proof of College Enrollment for a sibling/spouse/child: Please provide
a copy of their class schedule or billing statement from that institution. The document
must include student’s name enrolled, term enrolled, year enrolled and number of hours
- Satisfactory Progress (Financial Aid Suspension) Appeal: This financial aid form allows you to submit an appeal if you have failed to meet
Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. By submitting this appeal, you are requesting
that your extenuating or unusual circumstance be considered in order to have your
financial aid reinstated.
- 2018-2019 Cover enrollment from August 2018 - July 2019
This financial aid form is used to request that a financial aid administrator utilize
the borrowing family's current year income instead of the federally stipulated previous
year's income. This type of consideration may be necessary due to a special circumstance
the family is facing, such as economic hardship, or other extenuating factors. Access
the instructions and the form for Special Circumstances. The form is five pages in length so please scroll completely down the form to fill
in all options.
*Please note 'Verify Admission Status' is an in-office function and does not involve
students unless told otherwise.
Documents may be scanned after completion and emailed to financial aid. They may also be faxed to: 806-291-1956. Or they can be mailed to the following
Wayland Baptist University
Office of Financial Aid
1900 W 7th St., CMB #1266
Plainview, TX 79072