Generic Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is available at the New Braunfels site located in New Braunfels, TX. which is a part of the Wayland Baptist University-San Antonio Campus.
About this Program
The BSN is a seven term, two year nursing degree program (outside of the general education core) designed for students seeking a traditional nursing degree. Students experience learning-intensive courses, along with clinical studies in conjunction with appropriate course work. The degree includes face-to-face nursing classes, clinical studies, and labs. Students should expect to be available Monday - Friday, from 8am-5pm to accommodate the nursing program schedule. Please note that the schedule varies from term to term and is not available ahead of the registration period.
This program does not require an LVN license. First, applicants must complete an application to Wayland Baptist University for general admissions for BSN studies. Second, applicants will complete the RN program application with the Academic Advisor by the necessary due date. ALL prerequisite courses must be completed before starting the nursing program.
Applications for general admission to Wayland Baptist University are accepted four times a year. Please refer to the External Campuses Academic Calendar - Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer 11-week Terms for specific dates.
Nursing applications are accepted twice a year; April 1st for the Fall program, and September 1st for the Spring program.
All students must be cleared by the Texas Board of Nursing before they can be admitted to the nursing program. (See eligibility requirements in the catalog).
All nursing students must have the following completed before they start the nursing program:
• Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella, and TDAP (DTP). Students will also need to complete their TB skin test and flu shot on an annual basis while in the program.
• Meningococcal Vaccine. (*22 years old or younger only)
• Current health insurance.
• American Heart Association BLS CPR card.
• Drug screen and background check.
- SNO--Student Nursing Organization
- SNO aims to provide support to nursing students, to reach outside organizations in order to increase the WBU nursing program’s local exposure, and to support the community.
- School Nurse
- Hospital Nurse
- Doctor's Office Nurse
- Public Health
- Nursing Home
- Home Health
- Flight Nurse
- Nurse Recruiter