Music, Worship Studies, B.A.
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Music, Worship Studies is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Wayland’s School of Music offers a wide range of courses in an interdisciplinary music major, combined with an area of emphasis such as Worship Studies, Theory and Composition, Music History, or General Music.
In the Worship Studies Degree, students will celebrate liturgy and music with the opportunity to pursue church music through extensive courses, along with a minor in Religion or Religious Education.
The Worship Studies Degree requires 45 hours in a student’s major field of study. Students will participate in classes such as applied music, ensemble courses, worship music methods, topics in worship music, world music, and a capstone course.
Also, students seeking a Worship Studies Degree should be prepared to seek a corresponding minor in the School of Religion (Religion or Religious Education).
- NAfME – National Association for Music Educators
- Students pursuing a Bachelor of Music in Choral Music Education or Bachelor of Music in Instrumental Music Education are invited to join.
- Students take part in activities such as attending the state education conference, mentoring area high school students, and developing arts advocacy skills and other professional skills.
- Pastor for worship
- Associate Pastor of worship
- Worship leader
- Contemporary Service Music Coordinator