Vocal Performance, B.M.
The Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Through required courses, students develop advanced vocal performance skills in solo performance, choral ensembles, opera, and musical theatre. Curriculum also encourages the advancement of pedagogical philosophies and an awareness of repertoire for teaching, diction, and choral conducting.
Vocal performance majors fulfill a 27-hour requirement of core music performance classes, as well as completing a combined 24 hours of ensemble performance and applied study courses, such as Choral Conducting, or Song Literature.
- NAfME – National Association for Music Educators
- Students pursuing a Bachelor of Music in Choral Music Education or Bachelor of Music in Instrumental Music Education are invited to join.
- Students take part in activities such as attending the state education conference, mentoring area high school students, and developing arts advocacy skills and other professional skills.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Vocal Performance
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Music
- Voice Instructor