General Music, B.A.
The Bachelor of Arts in Music is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Wayland’s degree in music offers a wide range of courses in an interdisciplinary music major, combined with an area of emphasis such as Church Music and Worship, Theory and Composition, Music History, or General Music. This program is a general music study, combining music fundamental studies and electives with a minor in any secondary discipline.
The degree in music requires 45 hours in a student’s major field of study. Students will participate in university music courses such as applied music, ensemble performance, 11 hours in upper division studies, and a senior recital.
Related Programs / Majors / Minors
- Music, Worship Studies
- Music, Instrumental Performance Specialization
- Music, Keyboard Performance Specialization
- Music, Theory and Composition Specialization
- Music, Vocal Performance Specialization
- Music Education, Choral Music Education (grades EC-12)
- Music Education, Instrumental Music Education (grades EC-12)
- Music History
- NAfME – National Association for Music Educators
- Students pursuing a Bachelor of Music in Choral Music Education or Bachelor of Music in Instrumental Music Education are invited to join.
- Students take part in activities such as attending the state education conference, mentoring area high school students, and developing arts advocacy skills and other professional skills.
- Acoustics Career
- Composer, Director, & Arranger
- DJ, VJ, & Radio Host
- Entertainment Law
- Musical Instrument Repairers & Tuners
- Multimedia Engineer
- Music Librarian
- Music Producer
- Music Teacher
- Song or Jingle Writer
- Stage Manager