Molecular Biology, B.S.
The Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Earning a molecular biology degree gives students a broad understanding of life science at the basest level through extensive hands-on learning opportunities. Students of this program are well equipped for entry-level biological research careers as well as graduate or professional studies.
In order to complete this major, students must take 40 credit hours of major study. The courses required for this degree include various sciences in addition to the core biology courses. A student must retain a GPA of 2.0 or higher within the major in order to graduate.
- TAS -- Texas Academy of Science
- Promotes research and scholarly activities among students.
- Hosts an annual statewide meeting for active, university chapters.
- Encourages conservation and wildlife preservation through partnerships with local agencies.
- Basic Research
- Applied Research and Product Development
- Educator (up to post-secondary)