The Bachelor of Science in Mathematics is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Because graduates with strong mathematics backgrounds are in high demand nationwide, a mathematics degree can open many doors for the aspiring professional. Wayland’s small class sizes guarantee all the personalized attention and instruction students need to be well-prepared for post-graduate studies in mathematics and engineering.
This degree can include some actuarial science courses, which increase degree holders’ marketability in many fields, such as insurance, finance, technology, cryptography and security, research and development, and more.
This degree offers a variety of mathematics courses such as statistics, calculus, linear algebra, reasoning and proof, differential equations, abstract algebra, and analysis. Earning a bachelor of science in mathematics requires 35 credit hours in major specific studies, and a major GPA of at least 2.0 within the major.
- TAS -- Texas Academy of Science
- Promotes research and scholarly activities among students.
- Hosts an annual statewide meeting for active, university chapters.
- Encourages conservation and wildlife preservation through partnerships with local agencies.
- Secondary and Post-secondary Teachers
- Computer Science Careers
- Finance Career