Biological Science, B.S.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Science is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Students earning Wayland’s degree in biology are well-prepared for many professional programs in the health care field or post-graduate studies. They are also well-equipped to excel in preliminary standardized testing for such programs, like the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test).
Students of this degree will gain knowledge of their field of study through a variety of biology courses, along with other science courses required to earn a bachelor of science in biology. This degree requires 40 hours of major specific courses and a GPA within the major of 2.0 or higher.
- TAS -- Texas Academy of Science
- Promotes research and scholarly activities among students.
- Hosts an annual statewide meeting for active, university chapters.
- Encourages conservation and wildlife preservation through partnerships with local agencies.
- Biological scientist
- Biology teacher
- Forestry and conservation career
- Agricultural and food science technician