Pre-Physical Therapy Program
The Pre-Physical Therapy program is available at the following locations:
About this Program
To prepare students for a graduate degree in physical therapy, Wayland provides hands-on, experiential learning through a broadly based academic program with a strong emphasis in the physical and biological sciences and mathematics.
The pre-physical therapy program ensures that Wayland students are among the most competitive and successful in gaining acceptance to professional schools. For some professional health programs, students must complete a bachelor’s degree in biology prior to applying, while others require only specific courses. Prerequisites for Physical Therapy Schools in Texas.
Students attending Wayland that are interested in applying for Physical Therapy graduate schools should contact Dr. Andrew Kasner for advising. It is recommended that students major in Biology and maintain an overall 3.5 GPA (with a 3.2 GPA in prerequisites) in order to be competitive. Students should also plan to take the GRE in the fall of their graduating year and work or volunteer in a physical therapy clinic.
- PHSC -- Pioneer Health Service Corps
- Provides medical mission opportunities to students.
- Offers students practice tests in their chosen pre-health fields.
- Encourages student involvement through community service projects.
- TAS -- Texas Academy of Science
- Promotes research and scholarly activities among students.
- Hosts an annual statewide meeting for active, university chapters.
- Encourages conservation and wildlife preservation through partnerships with local agencies.