About this Program
To prepare students for a graduate degree in pharmacy school, Wayland provides hands-on, experiential learning through a broadly based academic program with a strong emphasis in the physical and biological sciences and mathematics.
The pre-pharmacy program ensures that Wayland students are among the most competitive and successful in gaining acceptance to professional schools. For some professional health programs, students must complete a bachelor’s degree in biology or chemistry prior to applying, while others require only specific courses. Prerequisites for Pharmacy Schools in Texas.
Students attending Wayland that plan to apply to Pharmacy School should speak with Dr. Gary Gray for advising. It is recommended that students major in Chemistry or Molecular Biology and maintain an overall and science GPA of 3.5. Pre-pharmacy students are highly recommended to take the PCAT during the spring of their junior year, work or volunteer in a pharmacy, and participate in undergraduate research.
- PHSC -- Pioneer Health Service Corps
- Provides medical mission opportunities to students.
- Offers students practice tests in their chosen pre-health fields.
- Encourages student involvement through community service projects.
- TAS -- Texas Academy of Science
- Promotes research and scholarly activities among students.
- Hosts an annual statewide meeting for active, university chapters.
- Encourages conservation and wildlife preservation through partnerships with local agencies.
- SCACS -- The Student Chapter of the American Chemical Society