The Bachelor of Arts in Communication is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Prepare for an exciting career with Wayland’s Communications degree, filled with hands-on, interactive learning. Students have access to a range of interesting courses which will prepare them for their chosen field.
Compassionate and knowledgeable professors help students throughout the program, while small, intimate class sizes ensuring that students receive the amount of encouragement and personal interaction they need to succeed.
The bachelor in communications requires 33 hours of field-specific study, along with the general education core courses required by the university.
Related Programs / Majors / Minors
- Alpha Psi Omega is the national dramatic honors society which encourages student participation and excellence in theatre.
- Entry into Wayland’s Kappa Omega chapter requires a minimum GPA of 2.5, and a 3.0 in theatre courses, along with participation in theatre performances.
- The Speech and Debate Team provides opportunities for students to compete in both individual events and parliamentary debate.
- In addition to the team’s competitive focus, students will also have service learning opportunities to work with the regional high school speech and debate community as critics, coaches, and mentors.
- Broadcast Technician
- News Analysts, Reporters, and Correspondents
- Public Relations Assistant
- TV, Radio and Sports Announcers