Middle School Education: Social Studies (Grades 4-8), B.S.I.S
About this Program
The social studies degree provides students opportunities to gain experience from tutoring or assistant teaching, as well as extensive training through field-based observation in local middle schools. To best prepare for a career in the classroom, middle school education majors often prepare and deliver unit presentations in class.
Students in the bachelor of social sciences degree program will complete 30 hours of upper-level study compiled from professional education courses like Classroom Management and Instructional Strategies and Practices, as well as field-specific classes such as geography, history, government and world civilization.
The Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree (B.S.I.S.) requires 124 semester hours. Student must pass a content area for social studies test prior to student teaching.View Degree Plan
The School of Education has a highly qualified and experienced faculty.View Faculty
Organizations - Kappa Delta Pi
- Kappa Delta Pi is an active chapter of the national honor society for education students. Students must have a 3.0 GPA and be education majors in order to qualify.
- Students take part in events such as workshops and conferences, books sales, and have access to grants and scholarships through the society.
- Instructional Coordinator
- Textbook and Instructional Materials Sales Rep
- Adult Literacy or GED Teacher