Middle School Education: Science (Grades 4 -8), B.S.I.S.
About this Program
The science education degree provides students opportunities to gain experience from tutoring or assistant teaching, as well as extensive training through field-based observation in local middle schools. To best prepare for a career in the classroom, middle school education majors often prepare and deliver unit presentations in class.
Students in the bachelor of science education degree program will complete 36 hours of upper-level study compiled from professional education courses like Classroom Management and field-specific classes such as Ecology, Earth Systems, and Physics for Educators
Organizations - Kappa Delta Pi
- Kappa Delta Pi is an active chapter of the national honor society for education students. Students must have a 3.0 GPA and be education majors in order to qualify.
- Students take part in events such as workshops and conferences, books sales, and have access to grants and scholarships through the society.
- Instructional Coordinator
- Textbook and Instructional Materials Sales Rep
- Adult Literacy or GED Teacher