Middle School Education: Language Arts (Grades 4-8), B.S.I.S.
The Middle School Education: Language Arts (Grades 4-8), B.S.I.S. is available at the following locations:
About this Program
The middle school education language arts degree program provides students opportunities to gain experience from tutoring or assistant teaching, as well as extensive training through field-based observation. To best prepare for a career in the classroom, middle school education majors often prepare and deliver unit presentations in class.
Students in the middle school education degree program will complete 39 hours of upper-level study compiled from professional education courses like Classroom Management, and field-specific classes such as Young Adult Literature, Advanced Grammar, and Teaching English as a Second Language.
The Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree (B.S.I.S.) requires 124 semester hours. Student must pass a content area for Language Arts test prior to student teaching.View Degree Plan
The School of Education has a highly qualified and experienced faculty.View Faculty
Organizations - Kappa Delta Pi
- Kappa Delta Pi is an active chapter of the national honor society for education students. Students must have a 3.0 GPA and be education majors in order to qualify.
- Students take part in events such as workshops and conferences, books sales, and have access to grants and scholarships through the society.
- Instructional Coordinator
- Textbook and Instructional Materials Sales Rep
- Adult Literacy or GED Teacher