Middle School Education: Generalist (Grades 4-8), B.S.I.S.
About this Program
The middle school education generalist degree program provides students opportunities to gain experience from tutoring or assistant teaching, as well as extensive training through field-based observation. To best prepare for a career in the classroom, middle school education majors often prepare and deliver unit presentations in class.
Students in the middle school education degree program will complete 57 hours of upper-level study compiled from professional education courses, like Classroom Management, and inter-disciplinary studies such as Texas History, Modern Geometry, and Physics for Educators.
Organizations - Kappa Delta Pi
- Kappa Delta Pi is an active chapter of the national honor society for education students. Students must have a 3.0 GPA and be education majors in order to qualify.
- Students take part in events such as workshops and conferences, books sales, and have access to grants and scholarships through the society.
- Instructional Coordinator
- Textbook and Instructional Materials Sales Rep
- Adult Literacy or GED Teacher