Fitness Management: Sport Medicine and Rehabilitation, B.S.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Fitness Management: Sport Medicine & Rehabilitation is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Prepare for a rewarding career with Wayland’s sports medicine degree and explore a wide range of vocational opportunities. Students in this specialized program gain motivational insight as well as practical instruction through courses taught by experienced practitioners.
Outside of the classroom, students increase their real-world experiences with a 200-hour clinical apprenticeship in sports medicine. This field-knowledge helps advance students who want to enter a professional program such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, or athletic training at a sports medicine school.
The sports medicine degree requires students to complete a total of 47 hours in their major field of study with 18 hours dedicated to the sports medicine and rehabilitation specialization. While pursuing this major, students will participate in courses such as Foundations of Athletic Training, Nutrition and Human Performance, Biomechanics, and Therapeutic Modalities.
Related Programs / Majors / Minors
Organizations - Exercise and Sport Science Club
- The Exercise and Sport Science Club is an organization that encourages outstanding achievements in and outside of the classroom by promoting awareness and participation in exercise, health, nutrition, sports, and fitness management.
- Students participating in this organization are extended the chance to connect with fellow students and to network within their desired career field.
- Cardiac Therapist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Technician
- Director of Sports Medicine
- Director of Health and Rehab
- Exercise Physiologist
- Lab Technician
- Occupational Therapist Aid
- Physical Therapy Technician