Fitness Management Composite: Personal Training and Strength, B.S.
The Fitness Management Composite, Personal Training and Strength Specialization, B.S. is available at the following locations:
About this Program
Designed for students interested in a career as a strength and conditioning coach or personal trainer, Wayland’s personal training program is a specialized degree that offers practical instruction through hands-on courses and practicums.
While participating in this program, students acquire the training and knowledge needed to take the strength and conditioning certification exam proctored by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Students also have the opportunity to earn a national certification to become a personal trainer through prescribed coursework.
This major requires 47 hours of upper-level coursework with 18 hours dedicated to the strength and conditioning specialization. In order to earn their personal training certification, students will participate in classes such as Nutrition and Human Performance, Principles and Techniques of Strength Conditioning, and Biomechanics.
Organizations - Exercise and Sport Science Club
- The Exercise and Sport Science Club is an organization that encourages outstanding achievements in and outside of the classroom by promoting awareness and participation in exercise, health, nutrition, sports, and fitness management.
- Students participating in this organization are extended the chance to connect with fellow students and to network within their desired career field.
- Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Exercise or Fitness Specialist
- Exercise Physiologist
- Health Club Manager
- Health Management Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Sports Instructors
- Strength & Cond. Trainer