Fitness Management Composite: Recreation Leadership and Sports Ministry Specialization, B.S.
The Fitness Management Composite: Recreation Leadership and Sports Ministry Specialization, B.S.
About this Program
Prepare for a rewarding ministerial career with Wayland’s outdoor leadership degree. Students in this specialized program gain motivational insight as well as practical instruction through courses that focus on the science of exercise as well as the management of exercise programs.
With opportunities to participate in class-based practicums and internships, Students can engage in the field of ministry through sports and community fellowship. These vocational experiences help prepare students for careers in youth and community camp and recreation outreach.
The outdoor leadership degree requires students to complete 47 hours in their major field of study with 18 hours dedicated to the recreational leadership specialization. While pursuing this major, students will participate in courses such as Spiritual Formation and Outdoor Education.
Related Programs / Majors / Minors
Organizations - Exercise and Sport Science Club
- The Exercise and Sport Science Club is an organization that encourages outstanding achievements in and outside of the classroom by promoting awareness and participation in exercise, health, nutrition, sports, and fitness management.
- Students participating in this organization are extended the chance to connect with fellow students and to network within their desired career field.
- Camp Supervisor
- Health and Wellness Instructor
- Outdoor Recreation Planner
- Outdoor Educator Instructor
- Recreation Program Supervisor