Exercise Sport Science with Coaching Specialization (Grades Early Childhood - 12th), B.S.
The Bachelor of Science in All Level Exercise and Sports Science Degree with a specialization in coaching is available at the following campuses:
About this Program
The bachelor of physical education degree is an interdisciplinary program that includes a series of professional education courses, as well as intensive study in the School of Education’s Exercise and Sport Science department. Completion of course requirements leads to a Texas state teaching certificate that qualifies holders to teach physical education in Early Childhood through 12th grade.
The bachelor of physical education degree program provides students opportunities to gain experience from tutoring or assistant teaching, as well as extensive training through field-based observation. To best prepare for a career in the classroom, physical education majors often prepare and deliver unit presentations in class.
To help them fully embrace the interdisciplinary nature of the exercise sport science program, majors enhance their learning experience through membership in the student organizations of the School of Education.
Students seeking a bachelor of physical education will complete 54 hours of upper-level study compiled from professional education courses like Principles and Practices in Education and field-specific studies such as Introduction to Motor Learning, Recreational Leadership and Activities, and Kinesiology.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise and Sports Science with a coaching specialization requires a 124 course hours. Students in the all-level exercise and sports science must pass a state content area test prior to student teaching. Courses hours are both education and exercise and sports science.View Degree Plan
The School of Education has a highly qualified and experienced faculty.View Faculty
- Kappa Delta Pi is an active chapter of the national honor society for education students.
- Students take part in events such as workshops and conferences, books sales, and have access to grants and scholarships through the society.
- To qualify, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and be an education major.
- The Exercise and Sport Science Club is an organization that encourages outstanding achievements in and outside of the classroom by promoting awareness and participation in exercise, health, nutrition, sports, and fitness management. Students participating in this organization connect with fellow students and to network within their desired career field.
- Physical Education Instructor
- Personal Trainer