Athletic Training Pre-Licensure
The Pre-Professional Athletic Training program is available at the following locations:
About this Program
For students pursuing a career in athletic training, Wayland’s athletic trainer degree offers a broad base of knowledge and hands-on, experiential learning. Through this pre-licensure program, students study courses focused on the developing field of sports medicine while working with a wide variety of sports.
An athletic trainer degree requires students to complete clinical hours within their major field of study. While pursuing this major, students will participate in courses such as Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology, Foundations of Athletic Training, and Kinesiology.
- The Exercise and Sport Science Club is an organization that encourages outstanding achievements in and outside of the classroom by promoting awareness and participation in exercise, health, nutrition, sports, and fitness management.
- Students participating in this organization are extended the chance to connect with fellow students and to network within their desired career field.
- Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Exercise or Fitness Specialist
- Health Coordinator
- Health Management Assistant
- Sports Instructor or Coach
- Strength & Cond. Trainer
- Personal Trainer