Business Education, B.B.A.
About this Program
The secondary business education degree is an interdisciplinary program that requires study in both the School of Education and the School of Business and leads to a Texas state teaching certificate, qualifying holders to teach business courses in the 6th through 12th grades.
The bachelor of business education degree program provides students opportunities to gain experience from tutoring or assistant teaching, as well as extensive training through field-based observation. To best prepare for a career in the classroom, business education majors often prepare and deliver unit presentations in class.
Because of the interdisciplinary nature of the business education degree, majors enhance their learning experience through membership in the student organizations of both the School of Education and the School of Business.
Students in the business education degree program will complete 40 hours of upper-level study compiled from professional education courses like Classroom Management and field-specific studies such as Principles of Macroeconomics, Financial Management, and Organizational Behavior.
A Business Education, B.B.A. requires 124 semester hours, 42 of which must be from upper-level courses. Students must pass the content area business education test prior to student teaching. 48 hours of business hours are required as well.View Degree Plan
The School of Business has a highly qualified and experienced faculty.View Faculty
Related Programs / Majors / Minors
- Enactus International provides students the chance to make international connections with academic and business leaders.
- Offers students the chance to implement entrepreneurial projects around the globe while changing lives.
- Promotes business-based projects that empower people to transform opportunities into sustainable profit for themselves and their community.
- Encourages students to develop essential leadership skills.
- Kappa Delta Pi is an active chapter of the national honor society for education students.
- Students take part in events such as workshops and conferences, books sales, and have access to grants and scholarships through the society.
- To qualify, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and be an education major.
- Middle School Business Teacher
- High School Business Teacher
- Business Manager
- Textbook and Instructional Sales Rep
- Sales Representative for Educational Products