Accounting Specialization, B.B.A.
The Accounting Specialization for the B.B.A. is available locations:
About this Program
An accounting degree carries tremendous earning potential in a wide range of careers. Coursework equips students to work with various business financial elements including bookkeeping, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, etc.
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting prepares students for numerous professional certification opportunities. Certifications will vary according to state requirements. Wayland’s accounting degree, intended to prepare students for the Texas CPA exam, may only be attained at the Plainview and San Antonio campuses. If students earning a B.B.A. in Accounting online through WBU intend to sit for the CPA exam in another state, they must verify that state’s exam requirements for face-to-face hours.
The accounting program requires 24 hours of coursework in a student’s major area of study. The bachelor’s in accounting is intended primarily for students planning a career in one of four general areas:
- Public accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Governmental accounting
- Accounting education
The accounting degree program also serves as a solid foundation for other careers in law or business management.
Organizations - Enactus -- International
- Promotes business-based projects that empower people to transform opportunities into sustainable profit for themselves and their community.
- Encourages students to develop essential leadership skills.
- More information
- Bill and Account Collector
- Billing and Posting Clerk
- Budget Analyst
- Chief Executive
- Credit Authorizer, Checker, and/or Clerk
- Office Clerk
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk
- Revenue Agent
- Tax Examiner and Collector