Master’s of Arts in Organizational Leadership, M.A.
A master's of arts degree in organizational leadership is available online through the following locations:
About this Program
The master’s in organizational leadership is designed to prepare students for the challenges of leadership in the 21st Century. This program meets the needs of working professionals who are looking to advance their careers as managers and business leaders.
By focusing on developing leadership, organizational behavior, and management skills, the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree fosters the freedom to accomplish tasks, set goals, and develop relationships necessary for professional success and advancement. The program integrates a well-rounded academic approach and offers several specializations.
The master’s in organizational leadership program requires 39 semester hours of coursework, compiled from foundational and core courses, like Research Methods and Strategic Management, and field-specific courses from the student’s chosen specialization.
- Organization Management - Specializing in organizational management prepares individuals for career entry or advancement in the broad field of business management. Through this program, students develop the planning and decision-making skills necessary to manage finances, raw materials, and information while building invaluable interpersonal and communication skills through interactive study.
- Human Resource Management - Recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management for meeting professional training criteria, this program stresses recruiting principles as well as the importance of employment law and diversity in the workplace and can lead to many professional certifications.
- Healthcare Administration - Develop the leadership and organizational expertise necessary to break in or advance to the management level of the Healthcare administration field by earning one of several professional certifications offered through this program. A master’s of management in Healthcare administration builds the professional communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively manage the human element of the Healthcare field.
In Wayland’s Health Care Administration degrees’ students are preparing to become professionals managing a variety of Health Care Administration organizations including Clinic facilities, stand- alone Hospitals, Hospital Districts, Hospital Authorities, local and federal Hospitals and both non-profit and for-profit facilities, including publically held and private hospitals. Instruction for managing both acute care and chronic care health facilities is available. Curriculum is also offered for aspiring professionals managing the nation’s Nursing Homes and Assisted Living facilities. These latter two organizational facilities require the licensure of managers on the Federal and often State levels as well. The examinations for such licenses are administered by the National Association of Boards of Long Term Care Administration (NAB). The exams cover five Domains of care including:
- Resident Care and Quality of Life
- Human Resources
- Health Care Finance
- The Health Care Environment
- Leadership and Management
In addition to such classroom study, an Internship in an approved facility under a designated preceptor is required by the licensing bodies, usually consisting of 1,000 hours of practicum. Such licensure requirements differ between Nursing Homes and Assisted Living facilities and also by the respective state of licensure. These differences may be viewed by accessing the following web sites:
Wayland has offered for over thirty years degrees in Health Care Administration in response to its mission to educate students in an academically challenging, learning focused and distinctively Christian environment for professional success and service to God and humankind.
The M.A. requires 39 credit hours. There are three areas of specialization; Health Care Admin, Human Resource, and Organizational Leadership.
Here is an example of the M.A. Healthcare Admin. degree plan.VIEW DEGREE PLAN
24 hours of core courses are required; Business Admin., Management, and Management Information Systems.CORE COURSES