About this Program
Students seeking a bachelor's degree in psychology will receive an education aligned with recommendations from the American Psychological Association. This well-rounded program introduces students to a variety of courses that balance scientific foundations with practical knowledge and vocational opportunities. This allows our graduates a wide range of possible career paths. Our alumni include counselors, clinical psychologists, industrial/organizational psychologists and neuroscientists.
Students gain practical knowledge in courses like Intro to the Profession of Psychology, which allows them to learn about possible careers by visiting worksites. Students can also gain internship experience through the practicum course.
As with all programs at Wayland, our class sizes are small and faculty seek out a personal connection with their students. A number of our faculty maintain an active practice in the community, offering a wealth of practical experience and connections.
Along with the core curriculum, students should expect a degree plan which requires 33 hours in their major field of study, 27 of which must be upper-division. A maintained major GPA of at least a 3.0 will allow for automatic admission into WBU’s M.A. in Counseling program.
Organizations -Psi Chi
- Psi Chi is the national honors society in psychology, open to students interested in advancing the field of psychology.
- Students can submit papers for publication through the society, and receive benefits such as scholarships and grants.
- To qualify, students must be majoring or minoring in psychology, have completed at least 9 semester credit hours in psychology courses, have at least a 3.0 GPA in all psychology courses and a 3.0 GPA overall.
- Military Psychologist
- Child psychologist
- Clinical psychologist
- Cognitive psychologist
- Consumer psychologist
- Counseling psychologist
- Developmental psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Forensic psychologist
- Health psychologist
- School psychologist
- Rehabilitation psychologist