Master of Arts in Human Services, M.H.S.
A Master's Degree in Legal Studies is available online or through the following locations:
About this Program
The Master of Arts in Human Services degree at Wayland Baptist University prepares students for careers in a variety of social service systems, such as health and social services or non-profit organizations.
Our program trains students to become informed, ethical professionals who respect the dignity and diversity of the people they serve. The curriculum is highly interdisciplinary, drawing on current knowledge in related fields like sociology, counseling, criminal justice, non-profit management and public administration. It is also flexible, allowing students to tailor their specialization courses toward their area of service. We also focus on social justice to provide students with the tools needed to make changes within social structures that institute inequalities. Additionally, the capstone component gives students opportunities to put theory into practice through real-world learning experiences.
- Advocacy for prevention of abuse for children, adults, older adults or people with disabilities
- Care management and activities in assisted living or nursing homes
- Case management in area agencies on aging or activities in senior centers
- Case management for alcohol or drug prevention
- Community health education in hospitals and federal, state and local health departments
- Preparation for graduate education in various Human Services-related fields
- Social Service in mental health or vocational rehabilitation agencies
- Specialization within various private sector or non-profit settings or entrepreneurial occupations