S953- eTextbook Coordinator
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Hawaii Campus
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Hawaii Main Campus
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director/Campus Dean
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: N/A
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The eTextbook Coordinator oversees the administration of eTextbooks and associated processes with students, staff, and faculty. The position also accomplishes any other related tasks assigned by the Executive Director or delegated authority.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Researches and oversees the ordering of instructional materials for faculty, to include maintaining the database and resolving issues.
- Liaison with the main campus store, publishers and suppliers regarding invoices concerning charges, shortages and credit memos.
- Coordinates with all academic advisors and others as appropriate on book lists, pricing, and book buy-back.
- Verifies the setup of eTextbooks in Blackboard each term, coordinates with Plainview and instructors to ensure accuracy and competency of services.
- Assists faculty with requests for eTextbook sampling through VitalSource.
- Provides training, as needed, to ensure instructors grant students appropriate eTextbook access
- Works with the business office to adjudicate eTextbook charges in the aging reports
- Contacts students with outstanding eTextbook charges
- Develops and distributes past due notices as they relate to eTextbooks
- Coordinates with business office and VA Certifying officer to ensure accuracy of VA CH 31 (Voc Rehab) students’ textbook billing requirements. Sends out a reminder to all VA CH 31 students to fill out necessary paperwork so the university can properly bill the VA, and for the student to receive reimbursement when authorized under the VA CH 31 program.
- Places textbook requests for upcoming terms into WINPRISM, program also used to adjust inventory, pricing, etc.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean.
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
Two (2) years of successful experience in office related administrative duties, marketing, logistics, and general accounting procedures and reporting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Proficient in operating a personal computer and in using a variety of software applications; particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience with Microsoft Access database will be given preference.
- Possess ability to obtain a working knowledge of the WinPRISM program.
- Ability to learn a working knowledge of the University Power Campus program.
- Ability to utilize good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to anticipate problems and use good judgment in developing solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
- A commitment to Christian higher education and agreement with the purposes and philosophy of
- Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and, in particular, of Wayland Baptist University.
- This person needs to project a positive presence in the bookstore by portraying a positive attitude toward other personnel in phone conversations and during general customer services.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty, and loyalty in the performance of the position
- Able to be flexible, prioritize and be available to work extended hours as needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record. Employee must be capable of moving, lifting, and carrying boxes of at least 40 lb.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.