S951 - Test Center Administrator
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – San Antonio Campus, Randolph Air Force Base Site
SUPERVISED BY: Test Center Manager
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED BY: Test Proctor/Assistant Test Center Administrator
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide oversight for the operation of the National Testing Center at Randolph Air Force Base, and Fort Sam Houston to include all CLEP, DANTES, and Pearson Vue testing as well as other specified Air Force exams.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Check-in students
- Establishes and maintains test center policies and required security practices
- Controls and manages the applicable software
- Promotes the test center
- Promotes Wayland with non-Wayland prospective students.
- Assists with administrative tasks as required
- Sets testing hours in conjunction with the Memorandum of Agreement
- Proctors examinations and processes test materials according to the Memorandum of Agreement and testing agency requirements.
- Assists in graduation ceremonies for WBU as required.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
A commitment of Christian Higher education and in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
- Bachelors Degree in business, education, or related field required.
- Masters degree preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience advising students in an academic setting preferred.
- Previous experience in test proctoring is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be people-service centered.
- Possess strong administrative skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks is essential.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the university.
- Possess good PC skills and experience in word processing (Word/WordPerfect), spreadsheet (Excel/Lotus), database (Access/Dbase), and PowerPoint.
- Communication Skills: possess good verbal and written skills plus good listening skills.
- Organizational Skills: must be detail oriented and have good organizational skills.
- Understand and interpret personnel policies and procedures.
- Prioritize tasks. Flexible and available to work extended hours as needed.
- Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to a 60 day probationary period to monitor satisfactory employee performance. Employee must be able to work as a team player, work indoors and in an environmentally controlled office area with florescent lighting, and on occasion work outdoors, be exact and accurate, pay very close attention to detail, and have transportation to and from work. The qualified applicant must be able to work flexible hours as needed. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel on occasion as needed. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record. The candidate for employment will be subject to a background check and may be requested to take a drug test.
If requested, reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities for any part of the employment process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.