S950 - Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: Graduate Studies Office
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Graduate Studies
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student Workers
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant assists with processing registration records, student records, greeting students, forwards telephone messages, inputs data as necessary, and assists in developing and maintaining data reports and files.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Gather and maintain records in a timely, accurate and appropriate fashion.
- Prepare completed graduate application for departmental admissions committees.
- Follow through with admissions recommendations to graduate school
- Assist with the maintenance of graduate student’s records.
- Comply with and enforce all University policies relating to Graduate Services and privacy/right-to-know laws and policies.
- Serve as communication conduit between Graduate Studies and other departments or offices on both the Plainview campus and the external campuses.
- Assist in maintaining graduate catalog materials.
- Assist with the records maintenance in the document imaging system, Image Now.
- Review student accounts in the GoArmyEd portal on a regular basis.
- Assist with the compiling, analyzing and dissemination of data and reports required for institutional decision making for Wayland’s graduate services.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employee in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Graduate Studies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A commitment of Christian Higher education and in agreement with the purposes and philosophy of Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in particular.
- Associate Degree equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
Two (2) years of progressive office or related experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advance computer application skills.
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to retrieve, organize, understand, and analyze data.
- Initiative and self-discipline to organize and conduct projects independently.
- Ability to work successfully with others to accomplish the goals of the institution.
Must be able to pass background check which may include Credit Check.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.