S948 - Evaluator
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: Office of the University Registrar
SUPERVISED BY: University Registrar
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None .
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Evaluator is responsible for representing WBU to all the University’s public in a positive manner.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Evaluating student files for the Plainview and external campuses on students pursuing degrees other than AAS, BAS, BSOE or BCM
- Making official degree plans for each student in particular for all students.
- Maintenance of the students’ records of all acceptable transfer and resident course work
- Communicating with the advisors to assure that students move toward graduation
- Updating degree plan for and meeting with Plainview students upon request for degree plan appointments
- Completing semi-annual updates of all external and Plainview files (for students pursuing degrees other than AAS, BAS, BSOE or BCM)
- Assisting with all registrations. Includes face-to-face interaction during Plainview registrations, as well as monitoring placement holds for external students
- Assisting with graduation ceremonies
- Respond to directives of the Registrar
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the University Registrar.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Experience and Knowledge:
Two (2) years of progressive office or related experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer competencies are required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Appearance, attitude, and promptness in reporting for work each day
- Ability to respond, in a timely and effective manner to assignments
- A positive attitude in the office and toward fellow workers, punctuality, dependability, integrity and loyalty in the performance of duties of the position are a necessity
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Naturalization Services. Employee must be able to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.