S946 - Head Coach Men's & Women's Wrestling and Lecturer/Instructor of Exercise and Sport Science
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Intercollegiate Athletics
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Athletics
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Assistant Coaches and Student/ Graduate Coaches
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Wrestling requires all functions normally associated with an intercollegiate athletics program in wrestling and will be bound by the university and the athletic department mission statements. This position may teach in the School of Education and Exercise & Sport Science or have other related duties.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Coaching and management of all practice sessions.
- Recruiting quality student athletes.
- Knowledge and adherence of NAIA and Sooner Athletic Conference rules.
- Monitor teams’ academic performance.
- Scheduling of matches and related events.
- Budget management and organization.
- Purchase and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Event preparations.
- Campus and community relations.
- Marketing and development of the program.
- Supervision of assistant coach and student/graduate coaches.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Master’s Degree applicants will be given top priority.
Experience and Knowledge:
College level wrestling and/or head coaching experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- A commitment to a Christian lifestyle and coaching from a Christian perspective is essential.
- Individuals who apply should have proven integrity, leadership skills, and the ability to motivate students to be successful academically and athletically.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and work on weekends and evenings. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.