S945 - Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU)
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Institutional Research and Effectiveness
SUPERVISED BY: President
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt (Administrative)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Research Management Analyst
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness provides accurate, timely and appropriate research, analysis and consultation needed for planning and decision making to improve the institution and in response to requests made by the University community, external accrediting bodies and organizations.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Provides oversight and supervision for institutional planning, assessment, research, evaluation strategies, and accreditation processes.
- Works with faculty in the development of effective assessment and evaluation strategies of program and student outcomes, including course and program goals and competencies/outcomes.
- Creates assessment processes and associated tools to provide data and information that informs decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Provides requested research, data collection, data analysis, and data presentations in support of grant opportunities and marketing or development activities.
- In conjunction with university leadership, develops assessment programs and associated research tools to inform strategic planning and assessment efforts.
- Coordinates and oversees accreditation activities that include, but are not limited to, reaffirmation, interim reporting, annual reporting, and responding to unscheduled information and data requests for the university’s institutional accreditor. Provides information and data in support of programmatic accreditation efforts.
- Collects, organizes, analyzes and disseminates accurate and timely data related to institutional and program performance, trend analysis, competitor analysis, cost-income ratios, demographics, comparative studies with peer institutions, retention, and related areas in support of the university’s planning, management and operational activities.
- Responsible for the continuous updating and refining of the Institutional Research and Effectiveness website to include current and historical reports and information.
- Develop, administer, analyze and disseminate results of surveys and other assessment tools in support of the university’s research and effectiveness initiatives and efforts.
- Coordinates the institution’s statistical, compliance and survey reporting to external agencies.
- Maintains and effectively manages an accurate, current schedule of tasks assigned to Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in business, computing, research, statistical analysis or a closely related field is required.
- Significant experience in these fields or in related fields in higher education can be considered in lieu of required degree.
- Doctoral Degree in business, computing, research, statistical analysis or a closely related field is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
Experience with academic or administrative computing in higher education is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer applications skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access as well as website management and learning management systems are required. Experience with academic or administrative computing systems or networks also desirable.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Effective supervisory and mentoring skills.
- Basic understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methodology.
- Ability to retrieve, organize, understand and analyze data.
- Possess the initiative and self-discipline to organize and conduct projects independently.
- Ability to work successfully with others to accomplish the goals of the institution.
- Willingness to travel and work hours beyond the normal university schedule.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.