S944 - Coordinator of General Accounts
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) - Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
SUPERVISED BY: CFO
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Coordinator of General Accounts is primarily responsible for handling and reconciling payments and processes in various categories throughout the University system.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Prepare cash batches for bank deposit.
- Post cash batches to Great Plains accounting software system.
- Post student payments to Power Campus, the software system for student accounts.
- Reconcile daily cash batches in Power Campus.
- Serve as administrator for CashNet, the student online payment portal, and Shift4, online payments to the university and the University Store.
- Reconcile monthly credit card deposits from MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express; handle credit card disputes and refunds.
- Reconcile monthly the Main Depository bank account for all external campuses.
- Reconcile Advancement cash batches in Integration Manager and post to Great Plains.
- Manage monthly ACH payments.
- Process returned checks and correspond with the payer and/or external campus Business Office personnel regarding repayment.
- Post write off payments received from collection agencies to Great Plains.
- Post federal financial aid to student accounts.
- Serve as head cashier and oversee petty cash processing, reconciliation and accounting.
- Assist with registration.
- Assist in preparation for the annual financial audit.
- Maintain orderly files for each area listed above.
- Provide back-up support to various Business and Finance Office positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the CFO.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred
- Work experience in accounting will also be given consideration.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Three (3) years of office experience and related accounting work is preferred.
- Two (2) years customer service experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exercise excellent phone etiquette.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Willing to accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with office co-workers.
- Be punctual
- Must be customer service driven.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Demonstrate professional appearance.
Successful completion of a background check and credit report is required upon hire.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver's license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver's record
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.