S938 - Custodian - Part Time
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University - Lubbock Campus
SUPERVISED BY: Assistant Executive Director/Campus Dean
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Custodian is responsible for the general building custodial duties for the Lubbock Campus.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Performs custodial functions that may include but are not limited to vacuuming carpets, cleaning classrooms, offices, and common areas, removing trash, and the sweeping, mopping, and waxing of floors
- Maintains materials and equipment in a safe and operable condition
- Sanitizes equipment and materials on a weekly basis or as needed
- Performs general building maintenance functions such as minor repair and upkeep
- With the approval of the Campus Dean, orders custodial supplies and equipment
- Grounds keeping such as mow and water lawn, and greenery areas
- Reports maintenance related problems of the facilities to the Campus Dean
- Assist with graduation ceremonies
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director/Campus Dean.
High School Diploma required
Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience with light construction recommended
- Janitorial experience required
- Painting experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to maintain a clean and professional facility
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks is essential
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the university
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills plus good listening skills
- Must be detail oriented and have good organizational skills
- Understand and interpret personnel policies and procedures
- Prioritize task, be flexible and available to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with others
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.